The BMW X3 (E83) Service Manual: 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 is a comprehensive source of service information and specifications for the BMW X3 from 2004 to 2010. The aim throughout this manual has been simplicity, clarity and completeness, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you’re a professional or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your car.
ISBN: 978-0-8376-1731-2 Hardcover, 8 3/8 in. x 11 in. 1,066 pages, 1,884 photos, illustrations and diagrams
M54 engine: 2.5i, 3.0i (2004, 2005, 2006)
N52 engine: 3.0si, xDrive 30i (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
Manual: ZF GS6-37BZ (6-speed)
Automatic: GM A5S390R (5-speed)
Automatic: GM GA6L45R (6-speed)
• Maintenance procedures from changing the xDrive fluids to replacing the cabin microfilter. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
• Manual and automatic transmission fluid service, front and rear differential service, including xDrive transfer case troubleshooting.
• Step-by-step variable camshaft timing (VANOS) service.
• Cylinder head cover gasket and crankshaft seal replacement.
• Cooling system, thermostat and radiator service, including system bleeding using the electric coolant pump on N52 engines.
• Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations.
• Information on advanced technical features such as VANOS, Valvetronic, xDrive, and DSC (dynamic stability control).
• Suspension repair procedures.
• Brakes, steering and ABS troubleshooting and repair.
• Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
• Body and hood repairs and adjustments.
• Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
• Comprehensive wiring schematics, including fuses and grounds.
• BMW OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
• BMW factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torques.